Child Safety Standards
With St Matthew as our patron, we strive to nurture spirit-filled citizens who are committed to service and to seeking truth. We are an inclusive and multicultural community, where each person is welcomed, valued and supported. As stated in our School Vision we strive to provide a safe and secure learning environment where the dignity of every child is upheld.
At St Matthew’s we hold the care, safety and wellbeing of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility of our school. Our commitment is drawn from and inherent in the teaching and mission of Jesus Christ, with love, justice and the sanctity of each human person at the heart of the gospel (CECV Commitment Statement to Child Safety).
The person of each individual human being, in his or her material and spiritual needs, is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: that is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of the Catholic school (Congregation for Catholic Education 1997, n. 9).
- Professional Standards for Child Safety – including Child Safety Code of Conduct, CECV Commitment Statement, Child Safety Policy and the 4 Critical Actions for Schools
- Standard Collection Policy
- Enrolment Policy
- Australian Democratic Citizen Statement
- Assessment and Reporting Procedures
- Assessment and Reporting Policy
- Curriculum Plan
- Working with Children Check Policy
- St Matthew’s Enrolment Procedures
- Uniform & Appearance Policy
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Complaints Handling Policy
- Mandatory Reporting Policy 2021